Unix Support Services
Enterprise Servers are the core of any IT operations. From decades Unix is the most trusted operating system that you can rely to run your mission critical applications. With different vendors in market true expertise to manage these different flavors of Unix is the core requirement of each organization. At Teknologix our goal is to deliver the highest level of robust Linux and Unix server remote management and administration service solutions available.
Our Unix Managed Service is designed to speed the support or implementation processes, minimize disruptions to your IT operating environment and reduce implementation risk–helping you to realize the benefits of your new Linux & Unix technology based systems quickly and reliably. Our services includes across the following Platforms.
Linux ( Redhat EL, Oracle EL).
Our Managed Services For existing and new setup of UNIX Environments Includes:
- 24/7 Monitoring and Management
- Shell scripting
- Performance Management
- Trouble Ticketing
- Problem Resolution
- Vendor Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Maintenance and configuration of Linux packages
- System Administration (user management, permissions, virtual sites, backup procedures)
- Update services (kernel updates, security, errata, bugs)
- Established service level agreements
- Storage and Enterprise backup applications.
Unix Support & services
- Configuring system running Linux & Unix as per needs and requirements of applications.
- Installation / Recovery of Linux & Unix in case of disaster occurred on system.
- Migrating the Systems from one host to other Host.
- Maintaining high availability of system, with mirroring of internal disks and recover mirroring in case of any HDD Failure
- Installation of OS Patches, Kernel tuning and system performance tuning.
- Working on LVM, providing creation of additional filesystems, users and import and export of volume groups from one system to another. Create space for filesystems and mirror the related filesystem between LUNs on two SAN for redundancy of data.
- Writing scripts to check system performance on daily basis, which sends a customized report of system health after each 3 hours..
- Define rules and policies for configuration implementation on servers
- Working on NFS with providing mounting of NFS Filesystems.
- Configuring NTP for time synchronization on servers.
- Configuring Unix system backup for centralized backups of all servers at NFS and perform recovery in case of system failure.
- Develop and Maintain administration and configuration manual for systems.
Enterprise Backup Support & Services
- Configuring the backup specifications for databases and file system level backups.
- Creating and maintaining backup policies and procedures as required.
- Daily monitoring of backups and Media Pools and initialize the expired media.
- Configure/ Maintain the Media Pools for Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Special Backup policies.
- Installation of Data Protector Patches and update all the hosts.
- Solve the problem for any backup Related Issue with Software Backline.
- Addition of new Backup specification and configuration as required.
- Restoring database backups from one system to another system.
- Managing Tape vaulting and keep track of all the activities on DataProtector.
- Develop and maintain Administration and configuration manual for Data Protector.
SAN Support & Services
- Configuring as per the needs and requirements of new system.
- Adding Virtual disks into storage as per requirement of new System.
- Deleting non-required disks from for space sizing.
- Presenting the disks to the specific hosts and create volume groups.
- Adding new hosts on the SAN.
- Replacing failed Customer Self Repair parts, Escalating calls to vendor and coordinate for problem diagnostic.
- Log a Hardware Call with vendor for any hardware failure on Servers
- Coordinate with Hardware engineer for the parts replacement.
- Coordinate with Response center for the problem diagnostics.
- Maintain Hardware stock inventory and utilize the part as needed.
- Keep track of all the parts move in and out with the Vendor.